Donations to NYU, Institute of Fine Arts, sheet 2

Item Description

In January 1958 Doris and her mother Nanaline donated their $1.6 million dollar New York mansion to New York University's Institute of Fine Arts (NYU FA), which named it the James B. Duke House. After the house was remodeled, it served as the initial location for the first graduate program to offer university training in conservation.