Stefan Hoffmann: Visiting Artist February 2011
A number of events are planned during Hoffmann’s visit in addition to his interaction with students by meeting with various Visual Arts courses in the Department of Art, Art History and Visual Studies. He is most eager to have Duke students participate in his installation project so please contact Merrill Shatzman (email@example.com) or Bill Fick (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information about the project and scheduled times that he will be working in Perkins Library.
Here is a tentative list of working times if you would like to work with Stefan on his project:
- 2/6/11, 12:00 - 5:00 pm
- 2/7/11, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 2/8/11, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 2/9/11, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 2/10/11, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
In addition to being involved in the project, please feel free to participate in the following events open to the Duke community and the public:
February 4, 2011
- Friday Forum, 12:00 - 1:00 pm (D106 LSRC Building)
February 10, 2011
- Rendez-Vous, 4:15 - 5:30 pm (LINK, room TBA)
- Installation Opening and Reception for the Artist, 5:30 - 7:00 pm (Installation space adjacent to Gothic Reading Room, Perkins Library, 2nd Floor)
In addition to the installation piece he will be creating while at Duke, he will be also be collaborating with Duke faculty Bill Fick and Merrill Shatzman, introducing his unique working practice to them, the Duke curriculum and furthering the integration of traditionally based and digital media practices. Stefan Hoffmann’s Artist Residency is supported by a Duke University Council for the Arts Collaboration Development Grant, the Department of Art, Art History and Visual Studies Visiting Artist Fund and from the Vice Provost for the Arts.