From Campus to Cockpit: Duke During World War II
Further resources available through University Archives:
- Bowling, Lewis. Wallace Wade: Championship Years at Alabama and Duke. Durham: Carolina Academic Press, 2006.
- Stevens, Jeanne E. "The Impacts of World War II on Duke University." Honors paper, Duke University, 1991.
- Jacobs, Michael J. "The 1942 Rose Bowl: A Story of War Adjustment and Southern Pride." Undergraduate paper, 1987.
- The Duke Football Programs digital collection includes program covers from many Duke Football games from the 1920s-1990s.
- Duke Yearlook is a photostream on Flickr maintained by the University Archives. Many images included in this exhibition can be found in the 1940s album of the collection, "Duke Through the Decades".
- Here are the links to finding aids for the collections used in this exhibition. Unless otherwise noted, collections are found in the University Archives:
- Wartime at Duke Reference Collection, 1917-[ongoing]
- University Archives Photograph Collection, 1867-[ongoing]
- College Organization for General Service Records, 1940-1949
- Artifacts and Relics Collection, 1830s-[ongoing]
- Paul M. Gross Papers, 1939-1979
- A. S. Brower Papers, 1939-1958
- Ellen Huckabee Papers, 1924-1979
- Robert L. Blake Papers, 1943-1988; held by the Duke University Medical Center Archives
- Edmund M. Cameron Records, 1929-1972
- Sports Information Office Records, 1932-ongoing
- The following articles by Duke University Archivist Emeritus William E. King are available on the University Archives website:
"How Can He Miss?" Cartoon
Los Angeles Herald & Express
December 30, 1941